Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Good morning, Etsy!


I have decided to start selling my tatting (and maybe more than that) on Etsy.com.

Haven't heard of Etsy? It is a website where crafters/artist can sell their wares online. Kinda like a GINORMOUS craft show.

Oh, You meant you didn't know what tatting is? Tatting is basically making knots in thread to make lace.

The examples to the right are my examples for a tatting class I will be offering here in northwest Ohio next month.

So, ANYWAY. . . back to Etsy. It is rather time consuming to set up. Oh, and writing the descriptions of items. . . wow! I am stumped. Not sure what to write. For example:

This pair of earrings are one that I put on my site. Here is my discription,
        "Here is a lovely pair of tatted rings. The coloring is different shades of blue."

I can't think of anything else to write. Just don't know what to do. I have done better on some of the other ones.





Check out this one.





 My description:

"For all those Whovians out there, here is a great way to show your love for "Doctor Who" . These earrings have 22k gold-plated hooks. DON'T BLINK or they'll be gone."

I think this one is better, but I am familiar with this show. So, it was easier.


So, I guess what I could use is some suggestions on ways to describe things.

Feel free to comment with suggestions. :-)

God BLESS!

No comments:

Post a Comment