Monday, January 7, 2013

A New Year, a Year beginning with Forgiveness!

Well, it is a new year! Last year, was a very rough year for me. A lot of friends who I thought where my close dear friends betrayed me or started treating me badly. Medical issues need to be taken care of and the medical bills are adding up. On top of that, there are issues with the issuance company. I believed I was suppose to start a business on top of my Pampered Chef business. I am tired and weak from the worry and heartache. What am I suppose to do?

Well, I know what to do now. (Not that I didn't before...but I wouldn't let it go.) In Matthew 11:28-30 Jesus says, " 'Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.' "

So, how am I suppose to give my burden to Jesus?

First, thing is I need to forgive those who have hurt me. Most of us are familar with the Lord's Prayer. Let's check out the verses after it. " 'For if you forgive others for their transgressions, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive others, then your Father will not forgive your transgressions.' " Matthew 6:14-15. I don't know about you...but I want to be forgiven by my Heavenly Father. So, This year is a year of forgiveness. 

So, to those who were my friends and now ignore that I am on this earth....I forgive you! To those friends who have lied and betrayed me...I forgive you! And to those who I have hurt, wither because I was first hurt by them or because I am an idiot sometime, I would ask you to forgive me. Please do not let my actions keep you from your forgiveness from God.

Lord, may I truly forgive those who have hurt me. My words and actions be those of forgiveness. I no longer want to have this pain. Take it from me, Lord, and give me your burden....mine is too heavy! Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment